Paul's 52 Week Project

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Re: Paul's 52 Week Project

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 09 Apr 2013, 19:36

I have just checked the FAQs on the link and there are restrictions on taking cameras on site. Nevertheless, it would be an interesting tour and there are plenty of other things to photograph at Dungeness.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Postby davidc » Tue 09 Apr 2013, 22:32

I like the shot but think it'd be more effective as a tilt-shift if it was taken at a higher angle and looking down on something - the foreground looks great but the plain top half means half of the tilt-shift effect is lost (if that makes sense?).

Dungeness is on my list too and I'd DEFINITELY be interested in a tour of a nuclear power plant! Surely we can take photos of the cooling towers etc. from outside the restricted site?

Going to look into it - I've got an idea for photographing a powerstation and didn't know dungeoness had one!
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Paul Heester

Week 11

Postby Paul Heester » Mon 15 Apr 2013, 09:44

Spent a great day at the British Wildlife Centre near Godstone yesterday. Its really setup well for photographers with regular feeding sessions every half hour and plenty of enclosures that have no fences. The highlight for me were the numerous owls they have which are brought out to an open area for their feeding. This Eagle Owl posed long enough to get a few good shots. They swoop from one side to another to grab their food but trying to get an image in flight was next to impossible!

They do have special photography sessions so may post that on the Outings section as a possible idea.

Week 11/52 by pheester, on Flickr
davidc

Postby davidc » Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:51

I do like their eyes :)
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:54

Good, sharp shot and DOF well managed.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Week 12/52

Postby Paul Heester » Fri 26 Apr 2013, 17:05

Bit late posting this one but still shot within the week. Spent a few lunchtimes walking around the City looking for reflected light off all the glass buildings as well as shafts picking out details. This was on my list but Damien Demolder reminded me of it. Plus I vaguely recall an Australian photographer doing similar and noting down angles of the sun at different points of the year. Certainly nothing that complicated here, although I did the same circuit of roads for 3 lunchtimes. My hit rate was awful for this, increasing my admiration of street photographers.

Week 12/52 by pheester, on Flickr
Nina

Postby Nina » Fri 26 Apr 2013, 21:13

This one works well for me Paul. :)
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
davidc

Postby davidc » Sat 27 Apr 2013, 15:35

I quite like it too, reminds me of the shots Damien Demolder was talking about in the written lecture.
My Top 50 album is here
Paul Heester

Week 13/52

Postby Paul Heester » Tue 30 Apr 2013, 08:24

Having seen similar on flickr I decided to try using a paperclip and getting interesting reflections/refractions. I printed up different grid patterns and using a mirror and some water added different coloured paperclips. This one has a swimming pool-like pattern which suited the scene. I used a spare white sheet to reflect some daylight onto the paperclip itself.

Week 13/52 by pheester, on Flickr
davidc

Postby davidc » Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:10

Haha something like this was on my list to do this year too, very well done :)

Will have to leave this a good few months so I don't look like I'm copying though!
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “Photo Sharing”