Paul's 52 Week Project

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
davidc

Re: Paul's 52 Week Project

Postby davidc » Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:51

Mike Farley wrote:The fence provides a great lead in line. Well done on having the willpower to get up so early each morning.

And well done on a nice shot too!

Is it just me though, or is the horizon wonky? Never been to that part of scotland for a long time though so it might have changed ;)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Paul Heester

Postby Paul Heester » Wed 05 Jun 2013, 17:45

Dang never noticed that wonky horizon. My enthusiasm must have overridden me checking my spirit level. :oops: I know theres a replace photo option on Flickr so will have a look at that.

davidc wrote:
Mike Farley wrote:The fence provides a great lead in line. Well done on having the willpower to get up so early each morning.

And well done on a nice shot too!

Is it just me though, or is the horizon wonky? Never been to that part of scotland for a long time though so it might have changed ;)
Paul Heester

Week 18/52

Postby Paul Heester » Wed 05 Jun 2013, 17:46

Thought it was time to stand up for tea against all you coffee lovers out there!

Tested my Photoshop skills with this weeks submission. Although I did photograph each component on the cardboard base it was easier to treat each one as a separate layer. Was originally going to PS the TEA letters as teabag shapes but that was too hard so decided to keep their shape but "fill" each bag as a letter. The hate coffee part was stencilled with glue applied and then ground coffee spilt over it and cleared away. A messy process and needed work to fill in some gaps. The part Im most pleased with are the shadows. I kept the original shadows on the tea bags and coffee beans but they just didnt look right so took them out and added the layer effects drop shadow tool which really improved them, just the sugars have real shadows.

Week 18/52 by pheester, on Flickr
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 05 Jun 2013, 18:17

I like the picture and yet I am 100% opposed to the message!
My Top 50 album is here
Paul Heester

Postby Paul Heester » Wed 05 Jun 2013, 19:52

Yes I saw your recent pics of the coffee beans...Im here to promote the minority! :D

davidc wrote:I like picture and yet I am 100% opposed to the message!
Nina

Postby Nina » Fri 07 Jun 2013, 05:54

I continue to be amazed at how far people are prepared to go to produce an image. :D . Congratulations Paul! I should follow on with a message for those of us who don't much care for either of these beverages, but I haven't got the patience!
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Paul Heester

Week 19 /52

Postby Paul Heester » Wed 12 Jun 2013, 09:42

Decided to try the dark field lighting technique as described in this excellent demo (Thanks David) - most images Ive seen use glass to great effect but I wanted to try something different. So picked this rose from our garden and setup with black and white mount boards (£5 from Hobbycraft for an A1 sheet with black on one side, white on the other).

Plus Im not a great fan of changing the white balance from auto as I find it to be very accurate, however changing it to Daylight on this occasion warmed up the image alot as it was quite clinical beforehand.

Week 19/52 by Paul Heester, on Flickr
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:21

Great technique my young apprentice ;)

In all seriousness, interesting to see it applied to something other than glassware and it does open up a few more possibilities for me too, seeing your success with it.
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 12 Jun 2013, 11:10

I too have this on my list of things to do now that I have got my lighting equipment. As Dave says, your shot works well and opens up new possibilities for subjects lit with this technique, so I too will be experimenting.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Postby Paul Heester » Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:25

Glad to see we are inspiring each other here, which for me was a principal reason I joined the club in the first place. :)

Mike Farley wrote:I too have this on my list of things to do now that I have got my lighting equipment. As Dave says, your shot works well and opens up new possibilities for subjects lit with this technique, so I too will be experimenting.

Return to “Photo Sharing”